Course Registration No. FA -748
The first of a two-semester survey course of art and architectural history. This semester covers Prehistoric Art through Romanesque Art, guided by Gombrich's The Story of Art: Pocket Edition, and Janson's History of Art: The Western Tradition.
BOOKS AND MATERIALS
A portion of every purchase made on Amazon after following the links here goes to help support St. Thomas Aquinas Academy's work. Thank you so very much for thinking of STAA when placing your book and general Amazon orders!
Janson's History of Art: The Western Tradition, 7th Edition [ORDER USED]
- Author: Penelope J. E. Davies, et. al.
- Publisher/Copyright: Upper Saddle River, NJ: Pearson Education, Inc., 2007, 2004. Print.
- ISBN: 0131934554 978-0131934559
- Supplier: Retail or Amazon.com
This is the four part volume; 1056 pages. The new copy of the 8th edition at full retail is $179; spending $30-75 on a new or used 7th edition is recommended. If you purchase the 8th edition the chapter numbers will line up but the page numbers will be different. This is a SECULAR, college textbook with large, full color pictures of fine art as well as of modern art. The chapters on modern art will not be studied.
DOWNLOAD: Art-with-an-Active-Eye Notebook Worksheet
- Author: St. Thomas Aquinas Academy
- Publisher/Copyright: Reno: St. Thomas Aquinas Academy, 2002. PDF document.
- ISBN: n/a
- Supplier: St. Thomas Aquinas Academy
Available as a download from the "Resource Library for Teaching-Parents" and the student course webpage.